Launching a business website can be an excitement but most of the people still do not get a clear picture on how the viewers and search engines will treat the new website. The worst case occurs when you face the challenge of keeping your website’s reputation unharmed after remodeling, rebranding or migrating it. Because the business owners usually commit some mistakes during the site’s restructuring in a way that its SEO and user experience are affected, it would be worth mentioning some guidelines that can help in avoiding any possible pitfall.
- Being realistic in restructuring the website is the only way to get desired results. For that, you will need to collect valid evidences such as consistent downfall in the website’s ranks due to bad structure, lack of features in CMS or testing results suggesting that further improvement can lead to better ROI.
- Beware of your strengths and weaknesses. Restructuring your website demands you to be realistic in choosing your targets. If you are rebranding or remodeling your website just with the hope of competing with a well-established brand on the web, you might need to stop and think about it for the moment.
- For the fruitful rebranding of website, you mainly need to work on the basis of information at hand. This information-driven approach will help you to point out the areas where the work needs to be done. It will also help you to avoid any unnecessary tempering of already working features.
- UX is concerned with keeping the users engaged and SEO mainly involves the strategies to keep the website in search engines spotlight. Sometimes, working more SEO can put bad effect on the UX and vice versa. Such websites need proper balance between SEO and UX in order to perform well.
- To get the best outcome, it is necessary to develop a collaborative environment between different departments working on different sections of the website. This way, the site design, structure, SEO and content will have necessary balance among each other.
- The new content strategy while restructuring the website needs to be evaluated thoroughly. Again, it comes to the UX and SEO which get affected badly when the content is added or removed without caring about consequences.
- Benchmark testing is very important for the future success of website. Ideal way to benchmark testing is to involve real viewers who will, after seeing the website from all aspects, will tell you about the level of their engagement. To ensure better SEO, you will just need to keep the website’s structure according to search engine’s recommendations.
Keeping the above basic points into consideration, you can develop good balance between the UX and SEO of your website.